Meet My Owls...



Old Owl & Little Owl




I'm 3 weeks into a 12 week intensive animation course as part of my degree. In this time, I am to produce a short animation between 1-2 minutes long and due to my ever growing obsession with owls, I decided to make my main two main characters............well, owls. Although I don't have the biggest confidence in character building, I was inspired by the drastic expressions of the
white faced scops owl to give my characters anthropomorphic qualities: Old Owl's being comparable to a bitter old man and Little Owl's playful, childish qualities were inspired by the hyperactivity of the burrowing owl.






This is my first ever line test exhibiting Old Owl's expressions.
Despite the annoying light change about halfway through, I was still rather pleased at the outcome of my first attempt.

.




 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.