MoodBoards Galore


For my animation, I wanted to create a cutsie and sort of naive aesthetic by using simple shapes and bold colours for my background. Inspired by the likes of Michel Gondry, Petér Vácz and Magdalena Osinska, I've chosen to use familiar materials such as craft/tissue paper and a variation of fabrics to give my look a soft and playful feel to them. These are a couple of moodboards I've done over the past few weeks to help formulate an idea in my head of what kind of look I want my animation to have.




I scrumpled up the tissue paper when scanning it in, giving the trees and clouds more dimension, which constrasts quite nicely on a 2D image. To make the bark and branches more interesting, I decided to use an image of long, straight hair to mimic the intricate detail of tree bark and wood in order the make the trees look a bit more graphic.





Mixed Media and Photoshop







 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.